LLB PROGRAMME OF THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
The law degree of the University of London is of international standing. For over 100 years the LLB has provided the first step on a career route for many thousands of practicing lawyers within the Commonwealth and around the world. This programme enables the flexibility for the students to tailor their study by choosing a minimum of 30 credits and a maximum of 120 credits for each academic year (150 credits for Graduate Entry in the final year).
The Course Content is as follows:
Criminal Law 30 Credits
Public Law 30 Credits
Legal Systems and Methods (L.S.M) 30 Credits
Contract Law 30 Credits
Law of Tort 30 Credits
European Union Law 30 Credits
Property Law 30 Credits
Family Law 30 Credits
Jurisprudence 30 Credits
Civil and Criminal Procedure 30 Credits
Equity & Trusts 30 Credits
Evidence 30 Credits
Students who are desirous of pursuing this route must have 3 O’ levels/C.X.C. of which 1 must be English plus at least 2 A’ level subjects, grades A to E accepted or 6 full cape units including 2 single units.
Graduate Entry Route
Holders of a recognised first degree can opt to accelerate their studies via the Graduate Entry Route. Graduate students are required to do ‘only’ 9 subjects in the LLB programme. The reputable LLB qualification can actually be achieved in a minimum period of 2 years.
DOCUMENTS I SHOULD WALK WITH TO REGISTER
- Two (2) passport size photos
- One (1) copy of Electronic Birth Certificate. A copy of your deed poll is required in the case of a name change; this document should carry the name that you currently use. If you are a married woman, please have copy of marriage certificate and one (1) copies of either your national ID or passport.
- One (1) copy of Academic Certificates
* Please note that your Academic Certificates can now be verified at ATS, Tuesdays – Thursdays between the hours of 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., by our officials. (You must bring along your original certificate).
|Registration (ATS)||TT$1,300.00||Upon Registration (non-refundable).|
|For 4 Subjects
For 1 Subject
|Application Fees||£107.00||On or before 1st October, 2021|
|Registration Fee (UoL)||£545.00||On or before 1st November 2021|
|Examination Fee (UoL)||£207.00 per subject||On or before 1st February 2022|
|Module Fee (UoL)||£170.00 per subject||On or before 1st November, 2021|
Fees quoted and dates payable by stated in the above table are estimations and are subject to change.
Please make draft or contact the Institution for other method of payment for the respective foreign fees payable to University of London.
WHY STUDY LAW?
International Students following the University’s programme include individuals:
- who are magistrates’ court clerks, police officers, legal executives, social workers etc., seeking further knowledge of the law and enhancement of their qualifications
- who have an academic interest in the nature and function of the law in society and who may wish to go onto pursue a higher degree
- who simply want to know more about how the law works, whether for private interest or to enhance their knowledge
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
The University of London is one of the oldest universities in the United Kingdom and is recognised as a centre of academic excellence. The University has a thriving International Programmes that was established in 1858 to make University of London degrees more accessible to ‘students of University of London International Programmes’ the world over.
‘On successful completion of your studies you will be awarded a University of London degree or diploma. The certificate you receive will state that you were registered with the University of London and that examinations were conducted by the University of London Law Schools.’
The academic rigor exercised by the University of London ensures that its qualifications are respected and sought after both locally and internationally.
- Highly qualified, committed lecturers who come with a wealth of teaching experience.
- Efficient administrative staff.
- Assistance with all external procedures.
- Customised, study-conducive, ideally located campus.
- Modern computer labs.
- Extensive Library.
And much more…………..